Gum treatment Kharkiv, parodontology
What does most dental patients fear? Most people are afraid of tooth decay, and rightly so, because the carious process destroys tissues, leaving us toothless. But, there are other dental problems that should be taken seriously, these are bleeding gums and gum inflammation.
This illustration very clearly and truly demonstrates how dangerous gum disease is, and this article will help you to understand why it is important for a person to keep gum healthy. Of course, this topic is not relevant for older people.
Let's start with the main thing. The cause of the symptoms: inflammation of the gums, bleeding, formation of periodontal pockets, is a microbial factor. And not simply microbes, but those that are in supragingival and subgingival dental deposits. The most correct treatment will be to remove carefully all dental deposits. This is how to get rid of wasps, there is no better way than to clean all waspine nests around.
Subgingival deposits are difficult to remove. They are not visible, and they often lie very deeply. Therefore, doctors who are able to carry out parodontal cleaning with high quality are specialists worth their weight in gold. If you go to the dentistry of CKS Kharkov, then make sure that after such treatment all signs of inflammation disappear. Only in difficult or neglected cases, which we inform on during the consultation, should the maintenance of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial preparations be accompanied by cleaning.
The gum is the most sensitive tissue, as it is a barrier. The gums covers the oral cavity, being the first outpost that protects us of microorganisms that reproduce well in food debris if a person doesn’t clean his teeth well. Gums inflamed first. If only soft tissues are involved in the inflammatory process, but there are no changes in the bones, then this is the initial stage of the disease, called gingivitis. This is a reversible stage that responds well to treatment. Therefore, if you have noticed bleeding gums, urgently seek the help of a competent parodontist doctor.
Classification of parodontal disease
Our classification of periodontal diseases will help to understand:
- How difficult the case is and whether it is running;
- Is it sufficient to conduct conservative parodontal treatment or require surgical reorganization and the help of specialists of a different profile;
- How the disease can affect the health of the teeth in a few years.
- Gingivitis - inflammation of the gums. The initial form of the disease, in most cases reversible. It is treated with full recovery;
- Parodontitis is an inflammation of parodontal tissues that occurs with the destruction of bone tissue. This form is successfully treated at the initial stage, and in advanced cases (severe lesions) cannot be treated;
- Parodontosis - dystrophic periodontal disease. It proceeds without signs of inflammation, therefore the initial stages of the process are difficult to diagnose;
- Parodontal - tumors and tumor-like processes in the parodontium. Rarely met, but require careful consideration. Insufficiently careful diagnostics directly bear the danger to the health and even the lives of people.
The complexity of the case (degree of illness)
Four positions of the same tooth, but with different depth of the periodontal pocket. A periodontal probe is depicted near each tooth. This is a special tool for a parodontist dentist. There are marks on the instrument that help the dentist determine the depth of the periodontal pockets.
- The first image. The probe is immersed in the furrow of no more than one millimeter. Gums without signs of inflammation. The bone of the alveolus (in the image - the bony wall) is fully preserved;
- The second image is a mild parodontitis. The gums are inflamed, there are dental deposits on the root surface and this has led to the formation of a pathological pocket. The pocket is small - the probe is immersed from 1 to 3 mm. As a result of the prolonged presence of infection under the gum, bone wall resorption occurred;
- The third image - the lesion of moderate severity. The depth of the pathological pockets reaches 5 mm. Extensive bone well resorption;
- The fourth image is a severe lesion. Pocket depth more than 5 mm. With such pronounced bone resorption, the teeth lose stability and lose their functional value.
Treatment of parodontitis, key positions
Once again, there are common and local causes of parodontal disease. All of them should be carefully studied, analyzed and taken into account in the treatment plan, which is why treatment of soft tissue diseases should be comprehensive and include the work of several specialists.
- Parodontal treatment is aimed at eliminating inflammation in parodontal tissues - this is primarily the removal of subgingival deposits as a source of chronic infection;
- Therapeutic treatment is aimed at cupping the focuses of chronic infection, caused by poor-quality treatment of the teeth and root canals;
- Orthopedic treatment is aimed at creating optimal conditions for the functioning of the dental system, the choice of balanced orthopedic structures that prevent overloading of the teeth during chewing;
- General treatment is aimed at normalizing the hormonal balance, rehabilitation of the immune system, gastrointestinal tract and other important systems and organs of the patient.
Parodontal cleansing - the main element of therapy
Until all subgingival deposits have been qualitatively removed, recovery should not be thought of. Do not give in to persuasion to conduct pseudo-treatment. Counterfeit techniques include injections of antibiotics and traumel.
Do not start gum treatment if you do not have a panoramic picture. The parodontist begins the diagnosis by deciphering the panorama, assessing the level of the bone around each tooth. The greater the degree of resorption of interdental septa, the more severe the degree of the disease. The next stage of diagnosis is periodontal sounding. Such diagnostics is a long and painstaking drawing up of a complex diagram reflecting the topography of the surface, which must be carefully cleaned later. It is necessary to determine the depth of the pocket of each tooth. It is wrong to imagine that each tooth will have one indicator! Not! Depth can be different from the lingual and cheek side, with the medial and distal. Inattentively drawn chart will lead to incomplete treatment.
Important! Important! If in some areas the dental deposits will not be removed to the full depth, then the microbial factor will be preserved and recovery will not occur. This explains why surgical treatment is offered in difficult cases - open curettage. If the pathological pockets are very deep, then they cannot be processed by conservative methods of cleaning.
|Type of treatment||Price, ₴ (UAH)|
|Professional teeth cleaning (cost of treatment for 1 jaw)
+ ultrasound machine
+ Air Flow
+ set of polishing brushes and preventive toothpaste
|Type of treatment||Price, ₴ (UAH)|
Primary therapy with the device "Vector" + hygienic set of post-periodontal therapy as a gift
Secondary therapy with the device "Vector" for six months
Primary therapy with the device "Vector" with a small number of teeth
Laser gum treatment
The vast majority of patients with gum disease require scaling, which is a difficult job of removing calculus deep under the gum. It is impossible to make a laser without the use of complex surgical, traumatic procedures. Therefore, the specialists of the Centre of Clinical Dentistry in Kharkiv choose a minimally invasive but effective scaling procedure using the “Vector” apparatus.